2021-22 Coaches Shows with Isaac Brown

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by molly jabali View Post

I listened to most of the show as well(that Crazy Popeyes drive through line!) While Mike is the king of sugar coating, I don't remember that...thought they owned it, even going back two games...

A quick Mike aside....his voice fades at the end of every question or comment...better by FAR than the KU clown, who is an affront to broadcasting...
    Imagine if Popeye's ran like Chick-fil-A.
    30 cars in line at Chick-fil-A = 5 minute wait.
    3 cars in line at Popeye's = time to catch up on podcasts.
    Wichita State, home of the All-Americans.

Comment

Originally posted by asiseeit View Post
      As of right now I would seriously question whether or not TE is our best player.
      His stats for this year are in the toilet.
      He was pretty good last year as a catch and shoot SG - needs to return to that.
      He is the MAIN reason our offense has under performed. That is on him AND IB.
      I cannot point to one strength in his game right now. Lots of weaknesses.
      The sooner he returns to SG limiting his shots to good squared up looks the better.
      I have to agree. Catch And Shoot It. Please don't dribble around East and West and then shoot it in slow motion from 23.5': Shoot. The. Ball. In. Rhythm. Or, pass the ball.

Not to pick on TE, but he also hasn't driven the ball successfully more than once this season, that I remember. What I do remember is a bunch of hot-potatoes/bad decisions that turned into Atomic Bombs. Just like a player form WSU's recent past (I made not mention of attitude).

Comment

Originally posted by ShockingButTrue View Post

I have to agree. Catch And Shoot It. Please don't dribble around East and West and then shoot it in slow motion from 23.5': Shoot. The. Ball. In. Rhythm. Or, pass the ball.

Not to pick on TE, but he also hasn't driven the ball successfully more than once this season, that I remember. What I do remember is a bunch of hot-potatoes/bad decisions that turned into Atomic Bombs. Just like a player form WSU's recent past (I made not mention of attitude).
        He has 1-2 great drives per game
        People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Originally posted by C0|dB|00ded
        Who else posts fake **** all day in order to maintain the acrimony? Wingnuts, that's who.

Comment

The game at Okie State was a case study in one option. TE was being smothered and the coaching staff recognized it and in the second half TE acted as a decoy and just passed the ball and ran to the corner to drag the defender with him, leaving other guys (mostly RCIV) free to take over. It worked great. Not sure why it wasn't utilized in the K-State game.

Comment

Originally posted by shock View Post
            He has 1-2 great drives per game
            Maybe. Not nearly often enough to offset his very poor decision making with the ball and that fact is completely systemic. I’ve been to every home game, went to Vegas, watched MU & OSU, and I struggle to remember a time we were more inept at basic ball handling and decision making. The whole team looks like true freshmen playing their first D1 games. No recognition of the speed and athleticism defending them. Ridiculous fastbreak execution errors that no competent high school coach would tolerate. Every guard/wing on the team apparently believes they can singlehandedly win the game. This exact thing has played out in every game this year so far and IB’s response to it has been just as consistent. They need to knock off hero-ball and IB needs to knock off the hero-worship. I desperately miss the discipline and accountability standard that FHCGM made routine. I certainly didn’t always agree with his quick hook but there was no tolerance for the sandlot crap we’re seeing now. I specifically watch off-ball players to see what system/sets are in play. None basically. The whole offense looks like it’s hero-ball based. IB said they spent a lot of painful time watching film and hit the replay button often. There’s already been a seasons worth of bumbling to study, they should be very well educated. Let’s hope some discipline and accountability shows up to go along.

Comment

Originally posted by B&Gpassion View Post

Maybe. Not nearly often enough to offset his very poor decision making with the ball and that fact is completely systemic. I’ve been to every home game, went to Vegas, watched MU & OSU, and I struggle to remember a time we were more inept at basic ball handling and decision making. The whole team looks like true freshmen playing their first D1 games. No recognition of the speed and athleticism defending them. Ridiculous fastbreak execution errors that no competent high school coach would tolerate. Every guard/wing on the team apparently believes they can singlehandedly win the game. This exact thing has played out in every game this year so far and IB’s response to it has been just as consistent. They need to knock off hero-ball and IB needs to knock off the hero-worship. I desperately miss the discipline and accountability standard that FHCGM made routine. I certainly didn’t always agree with his quick hook but there was no tolerance for the sandlot crap we’re seeing now. I specifically watch off-ball players to see what system/sets are in play. None basically. The whole offense looks like it’s hero-ball based. IB said they spent a lot of painful time watching film and hit the replay button often. There’s already been a seasons worth of bumbling to study, they should be very well educated. Let’s hope some discipline and accountability shows up to go along.
              Oh, I think you mistook my comment. Let me elaborate.

he has 1-2 great drives per game. He only has 1-2 drives per game. If he were as picky with his threes as he is with his drives, he would be in the AA discussion.
              People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Originally posted by C0|dB|00ded
              Who else posts fake **** all day in order to maintain the acrimony? Wingnuts, that's who.

Comment

Originally posted by BOBB View Post

Imagine if Popeye's ran like Chick-fil-A.
                30 cars in line at Chick-fil-A = 5 minute wait.
                3 cars in line at Popeye's = time to catch up on podcasts.
                Not to get this train off the tracks, but if Chick-fil-A ran our government, we’d be “In Like Flynn”.
                "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Mo had a really good game on offense but is to quick to leave his man in help
                  defense leaving the middle wide open while at the same time JP is not sinking
                  back underneath. Some blame on perimeter defenders allowing drivers to
                  create these situations.

Comment

Originally posted by ShockingButTrue View Post

If people could post stills of the times Tyson has caught the ball even marginally open to where he could Shoot. The. Ball. In. Rhythm. I'd love to see them. All 2 of them.

Tyson's just not going to get open looks. He's just not. Until other shooters start making teams pay for face guarding Tyson to the hash, doubling off the ball screen and cheating over every pick, he's also going to continue to struggle to even get the ball.

And don't misunderstand me, I'm not saying it's all everyone else's problem or that Tyson can't get better or isn't at fault. There's always fault.

Personally, I'd like to show Tyson a bunch of Ron Baker footage from later in his career. He posted guys up and made a living with short jumpers and drives to the hoop. I've got ZERO problems with Tyson's 15 foot game, and I'd love to see more of it. I think it would eventually open up everything else. Actually, anything will help to open things up.

But as I said earlier, we have problems that just aren't going to be fixed this season. They just aren't. So we need to play to our strengths which are effort and defense.

Also, not mentioned much, but we could have had AG back this season. I can't find him playing anywhere. I know some people didn't like his game, and he wears a lot of the late season shortcomings, but he would be nice to have this season. Like really, really, really, really nice to have this season.

Comment

RE: Poor ball handling...brings me back to the time Armstead picked the pocket of an opponent and before the game was over was offering him tips to keep that from happening. Wish Armstead was around to school our team on the finer points. Oh how I miss the steady stream of PGs from that era.

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post

If people could post stills of the times Tyson has caught the ball even marginally open to where he could Shoot. The. Ball. In. Rhythm. I'd love to see them. All 2 of them.

Tyson's just not going to get open looks. He's just not. Until other shooters start making teams pay for face guarding Tyson to the hash, doubling off the ball screen and cheating over every pick, he's also going to continue to struggle to even get the ball.

And don't misunderstand me, I'm not saying it's all everyone else's problem or that Tyson can't get better or isn't at fault. There's always fault.

Personally, I'd like to show Tyson a bunch of Ron Baker footage from later in his career. He posted guys up and made a living with short jumpers and drives to the hoop. I've got ZERO problems with Tyson's 15 foot game, and I'd love to see more of it. I think it would eventually open up everything else. Actually, anything will help to open things up.

But as I said earlier, we have problems that just aren't going to be fixed this season. They just aren't. So we need to play to our strengths which are effort and defense.

Also, not mentioned much, but we could have had AG back this season. I can't find him playing anywhere. I know some people didn't like his game, and he wears a lot of the late season shortcomings, but he would be nice to have this season. Like really, really, really, really nice to have this season.
                        Thank you....

Comment

My somewhat informed opinion is that AG wasn’t going to be eligible this season. Hence why he isn’t playing at another school.

Comment

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by shoxlax View Post
                                My somewhat informed opinion is that AG wasn’t going to be eligible this season. Hence why he isn’t playing at another school.
                                Thank you, now that makes perfect sense why I can't find him. Too bad, for AG mostly.

Comment

Working...
                                X